Programs and Projects of the Department of Education Being Implemented under the Four Areas
- Implemented the Enhanced Basic Education Curriculum under the K-12 Program (Grade Seven to Grade Ten).
- Continuation of the Secondary Education Curriculum in the Fourth Year Level
- Conducted the Open High School Program (OHSP).
- Advocated the Early Enrolment Campaign in January 2016.
- Strict Implementation of the “No Collection Policy”.
- Instituted the Computer Aided Instruction through Computer Education Classes, E-Learning Program and E-Classroom and integrate to classroom teaching.
- Included the Alternative Learning System to students who cannot cope with the regular schooling and over-aged children.
- Conducted the Drop-out Intervention Program through SARDO Modules.
- Offered the Alternative Delivery Mode thru the Open High School Program.
- Conducted Home Visitations especially to children who manifested behavioral and emotional problems.
- Enhanced the Guidance Program through orientation and training among students with problems and teachers.
- Monitored the students under the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) through Student tracking.
- Integrated the Child Abuse Prevention Through Personal Safety Lessons
- Enhanced the School Health and Nutrition Program through physical medical and dental examination among teachers and students.
- Sustained the school feeding program through local funds from the School Canteen.
- Implemented the Gulayan sa Paaralan and Eco Savers Program through the leadership of the Practical Arts Department teachers.
- Enhanced specialized reading and writing classes in other learning areas through the Summer Reading and Science Camp.
- Developed and enhanced student’s mathematical competence through MTAP Program especially on Saturdays.
- Reduced Drop-out rate through the use of SARDO (Students at Risk of Dropping Out) Modules. – Students who are at risk of dropping out and cannot cope with the regular schooling are referred to Alternative Learning System.
- Implemented school feeding to improve nutritional status of students in order to enhance academic performance as well as reducing drop-out rate.
- Utilized E- Learning and Computer Rooms to enhance the computer skills, data gathering and processing of data and information and use of Information Communication Technology in teaching and learning to enhance the teacher’s and student’s skills through information and communication.
- Strengthened the Guidance Program and Services that are responsive to the needs of the students through constant monitoring of student’s behavior, attendance and failure by grading period.
- Expose students to Career Orientation focusing on career skills and opportunities especially in the Third and Fourth Year Level.
- Developed sports skills/values through Sports Development Program.
- Developed students’ entrepreneurial skills YECS-Youth Entrepreneurial and Cooperativism in Schools.
- Provided a healthy, conducive and safe environment through child friendly school system and keeping the school a zone of peace.
- Oriented and implemented the program on child protection/Gender and Development Advocacy on the Child Protection Policy of Dep.ED. (D.O No. 40 s 2012) and RA 10627-The Anti-Bullying Act Organization of the School Child Protection Committee.
- Organized remedial reading and enhancement reading classes in English and Filipino to develop the macro skills like reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Utilized E-Classrooms, e-Learning and ICT Integration in Math, Science and English and integration in all the subject areas.
- Conducted Science and Reading Camp to enhance student’s skills in communication and inquiry to develop group dynamics and cooperation among the students.
- Organized School Science Fair to develop skills in applied science and practice scientific principles and theories that are applicable in everyday life and to encourage innovative skills among the students.
- Developed research skills of students through investigatory science projects and create new ideas that will respond to the needs of the society.
- Integrated in the lesson drug education and personal safety lessons.
- Develop self-learning materials and instructional materials that will supplement the existing instructional materials to enrich the curriculum instruction.
- Integration of ICT in teaching all the subject areas especially those that are included in the National Achievement Test.
- Administer the pre-test and post-test to determine the strength and weaknesses of the students and discover learning disabilities and difficulties, periodic tests and mastery tests with emphasis on critical and creative skills of the students.
- Implement teacher’s training to improve and enhance teaching skills.
- Adopt teacher’s assessment and evaluation for effective teaching and personal development.
- Monitor closely the results of unified tests and make a plan of action and intervention that will assist teachers in identifying least mastered skills and help students in passing the subject. Comparative Analysis of Test Results by Grading Period.
- Developed intervention program to improve the NAT Results through review classes and peer tutoring.
- Conducted supervision and monitoring of classes to improve the academic performance of the students.
- Encouraged staff development like In-service Training, Scholarship Grants, Graduate Studies, Quality Circle, TQS, and Demonstration Lesson.
- Monitored student achievement and test results to ensure positive learning outcomes.
- Maintained and repaired school facilities to improve the school environment and contribute to the increase in the school achievement.
- Administration and analysis of the Philippine Informal Reading Inventory Test and Mc Call Crabb for academic planning and decision making.
- Administered Psychological, Personality, Interest and Mental Ability Test to Discover the personality, attitude and interests of students.
- Linked with LGU’s and NGO’s like Megaworld Inc., Yuchengco Group of Companies, Cargil Philippines, Rotary Club of Pasay, and PTA.
- Enhanced the content, knowledge and innovative approaches in teaching through quality circles/LAC sessions.
- Provided mechanisms for continuous monitoring and evaluation of teacher’s performance with the use of performance-based tool such as NCBTS/TSNA, CB-PAST and RPMS.
- Implemented Supervisory Work Plan to monitor teacher’s performance.
- Organized school programs that will support the welfare of students and teachers.
- Developed a strong linkage and harmonious relationship with the internal and external stakeholders through school-based management.
- Initiated and implemented a clean and safe learning environment conducive for learning.
- Enhanced instructional competence through intensive classroom supervision, frequent visitation, post conferences, follow-up and feedback.
- Managed and supervised teaching and learning through classroom observations and visitations through the Supervisory Work Plan.
- Instituted periodic and regular assessment of teachers’ performance by using NCBTS-TSNA-IPPD, and RPMS.
- Bridged projects between the school and the stakeholders to improve learning environment and school performance through Adopt-A-School Program and BRIGADA ESKWELA.
- Linked with government and non-government agencies in the implementation of educational services.
- Coordinated with school clubs and organizations to assist in the proper implementation of school activities mandated by the Department of Education.
- Established linkages with the Alumni Associations of the school to generate support for the school.
- Utilized school plans for the proper implementation and accessibility of school services.
Programs and Projects for accessibility of basic education
- K-12 Program Advocacy
- Open High School Program (OHSP)
- Early Enrolment Campaign
- Implementation of “No Collection Policy”
- Balik-Paaralan Out-of School Youth and Adult
- E-Learning Program
- Child-Friendly School System
- Petron Scholarship Program
- Alouette Foundation
- Oplan : Sagip Mag-aaral”
- Knowledge Channel Program
- Alternative Learning System
- National Achievement Test
- National Career Assessment Examination
- Philippine Educational Placement Test
- ALS Accreditation and Equivalency Test
- ALS Immersion
- Balik Paaralan – Out of School Youth and Adults
- Drop-out Intervention Program
- Home Visitations
- Functional Guidance Program
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) Student Tracking
- Child Abuse Prevention Through Personal Safety Lessons
- School-Based Integrated Health and Nutrition Program
Gulayan sa Paaralan
School Feeding Program
Medical and Dental Programs
a. Physical examination of pupils, teachers and non-teaching personnel.
b. Physical assessment of athletes, boys scouts, and participants for international and local competitions.
c. Baseline and Year-end Assessment of Nutritional Status of the school populace using the World Health Organization-Child Growth Standard.
d. Deworming of all Supplementary Feeding Program Beneficiaries with parent’s permit.
e. Deworming of all qualified candidates for the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps)
f. Lecture on Nutrition and Common Ailments of Children and Adults
g. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Pasay Students Pre-Service Intensive Practicum
h. Oral Health Education
i. Tooth Extraction
To provide the quality and relevance of basic education to all children of school age and out-of-school youths in the community, the following programs, projects and policies were implemented:
- Remedial Reading Classes
- Enhancement of Instructional Competence
- Development of self-learning materials
- MTAP Saturday Classes
- ICT Integration in Math, Science and English
- Exploratory Journalism
- Administration of Mc Call Crabb, IRI in English and Batayang Talasalitaan
- Program of Excellence in Math (POEM)
- Unified Evaluation of Learning Outcomes
- Leadership Training for Students
- Science Fair
- Reading Remediation Center
- Summer Reading and Science Camp
- Journalism Classes
- Personal Safety Lessons
- ALS Classes
To provide a better curriculum development to all children of school age and out-of-school youths in the community, the following programs, projects and policies were implemented:
- Prepared skills exercises for Least Mastered Skills (LMS) in all the subject areas
- Construction of NAT Parallel Test and le of Specification
- Reproduction of ALS A&E Modules and BPOSA Materials
- Compiled Passages to be used by Grade Seven to Year IV teachers/students to improve/enhance reading comprehension.
- Preparation of Interactive Lessons in Mathematics, English & Science
- Preparation of K-12 instructional materials in English – Grade 7 and Grade 9
To provide the efficiency and effectiveness of a school system, the following programs, projects and policies were implemented:
- Staff Development (In-service Training, Scholarship Grants, Quality Circle, Demonstration Lesson)
- Student Development (Monitoring test results, Close supervision)
- Update existing materials
- Asses effectiveness of MLC, budget of work per level
- Maintenance and repair of facilities
- Reproduction and Administration of the Philippine Informal Reading Inventory (Phil-IRI) Test
- Training of Student – teachers (PNU, PLP & Others)
- Participation to Brigada Eskwela
- Reproduction of Workbooks in Mathematics of EPP-TLE Workbooks
- Production of Activity Worksheets
- Adaptation of Prototype Daily Activity Plans
- Repair / Rehabilitation of Learning Facilities
- Linkages with LGU’s and NGO’s for added support (Rotary Club of Pasay, PETRON, Bukas-kamay, “Daan Para sa Kabataan, UNICEF)